We can accommodate most requests for shipping. A preferred shipping date will be set at the time of order. If you are unsure of when to receive the vines, we can take requests in the spring with at least one week notice. It is the customer's responsibility to review the ship date and shipping address on the order. You must contact us at least one week in advance if any changes are to be made to either. If the shipping address is incorrect, delays and/or additional charges may occur, which are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
All vines are shipped via UPS or Fed Ex freight
OUR VINES CANNOT BE SENT TO CA, OR, WA, ID due to USDA regulations.
Farm Pick Up is available for our local customers, but only during the month of April and must be coordinated ahead of time. We do not have a retail store or staff available to manage pick ups, but we are happy to accommodate these requests if we can. Orders over 500 vines may be picked up at any time during the spring season, but arrangements must be made ahead of time.
BARE ROOT VINES: Shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays only, from the first week of April until the first week of June.
- All BARE ROOT vines are kept in our refrigerated storage facility at 38F and high humidity until the day they are shipped. This ensures a dormant vine for you without any premature bud break.
- Vines are packed with damp wood shavings inside a plastic lined box. Handling and planting instructions accompany each order.
- We recommend having your field ready to plant upon receipt of your vines.
- All bare root orders are shipped by UPS ground service unless otherwise indicated. Please reference the list of states and transit times below. Shipments are made early each week during the spring for late week deliveries.
- Large orders are packed in cardboard bins containing up to 2000 vines each for freight delivery or pick up. Smaller orders are packaged in various size boxes with up to 250 vines per box. These boxes are 36" x 18" x 12" and weigh between 30-50 pounds each. Smaller boxes are used for smaller quantities.
- Orders received after May 1 for less than 50 vines will be sent out as soon as possible, but may be in processing for up to 2 weeks.
- Shipping and Handling is an estimate only and will be finalized at the time of shipment. Any difference in the estimate and actual cost will be automatically charged or credited to the credit card on file.
POTTED VINES: Shipped in early June and ready to plant in the field.
- Potted vines are packed the day of shipment, and are in transit for no more than 3 days.
- Handling and planting instructions will accompany the vines.
- Large orders of potted vines are shipped standing up in palletized boxes and are sent by freight or available for pick up
- Smaller orders of potted vines are packed with recycled packing peanuts for protection during transit. We recommend unpacking each box as soon as it arrives in a barn or garage. This will prevent the packing peanuts from blowing around in the wind outdoors.
- Up to 72 potted vines are packed per box. These boxes are 36" x 12" x 12" and weigh 30-40 pounds each.
- Potted vines are shipped by freight or UPS ground. Some destinations require 3 Day Select service at a higher charge.
- Shipping charges will be billed at the time of shipment. A separate credit card or check payment may be required after vines are paid for.
UPS TRANSIT TIMES FOR GROUND SERVICE:
1 day transit: VT, eastern NY, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT
2 day transit: western NY, NJ, PA, OH, VA, WV, DE, MD
3 day transit: MN, WI, MI, IA, IL, IN, MO, KY, TN, NC
4 day transit: ND. SD, NE, KS, CO, AR
5 day transit: MT, WY, UT, NM, AZ, NV
FREIGHT transit times are typically one day faster than UPS.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. Early May is our busiest time of the year on the farm and it can be difficult to reach us directly by phone. Email and voicemail is checked regularly. Please try to make shipping arrangements before this or allow more than one day for us to return your message.